When we think of the word “diet” invariably, we associate it with suffering, bland food, guilt for all the times we have started one and never finished it.
True, and I also write from personal experience: how tiring it is to have to be always careful what you eat or drink water, avoiding all those things we like, but, ironically, they hurt our body.
Recently I read something that made me think a lot: it is very easy to mistake the sense of thirst for the need to eat.
When you are hungry, maybe it would be better to drink a glass of water and understand if you are thirsty or hungry.
During the usual “women’s chats”, I have often heard that many of us don’t drink enough, feeling very tired and weak; the most common consequence is to eat something right away.
In reality, our body just needs to be hydrated and therefore we need to drink more water.
Hydration is very important, especially in summer or when you are in hot places and/or doing physical activity.
Here are some simple tips that will help you give the right amount of fluids to your body.
How to keep your body hydrated
- Drinking throughout the day: according to doctors, nutritionists, dieticians, for proper hydration and to purify the body, an adult should drink at least 2.5 liters of water per day, increasing the dose if it is very hot and anticipating the time of thirst.
- Reduce fluid loss: during working days, either at home or at the office, or if you spend too much time outside, in the heat, on overheated public transport, or doing physical activity, you may lose a lot of liquids; our body should never lose more than 2% of its body weight in liquids. In these cases, you should therefore drink more than normal.
- Never drink everything in one breath: it is the most common mistake, you drink a large amount of water all together with the consequence that the water has no positive effect on the body, but immediately reaches the bladder and you must immediately run to the bathroom to eliminate it.
The benefit is obtained by drinking in small sips: the body is helped to purify itself, the water slowly enters the cells, cleanses from toxins and causes deflation.
To ensure that the water acts in the best way, you should drink it in doses equal to a spoonful of broth; in addition to the benefits, you would avoid many ailments, typical of women, such as colitis, swelling, swollen belly and even poor digestion.
- Alternative to water: if drinking still water is not to your liking, you can take other types of drinks, such as fruit juices and smoothies, without sugar, deteinated tea and herbal teas.
Coffee, in small doses (no more than three a day) is part of the liquids you can take.
How to drink regularly
Starting from the minimum daily dose of two litres of water, they can be divided as follows:
- one litre of water in the morning, from waking up fasting until lunchtime.
- one litre during the afternoon until evening, remembering that, in order not to disturb the night’s sleep, you must stop drinking at least 3 or 4 hours before going to bed.
- During lunch and dinner, drink what you need, in small sips between one course and another: you should not be afraid of feeling swollen or not digesting, on the contrary, the water makes the gastric juices flow better.
The healthy habit of drinking at least two litres of water a day combined with a balanced diet will make you feel much better, making you immediately feel lighter; but to be able to notice the real benefits you must wait at least two weeks, so that the body will assimilate the new habits.
Only then can you notice the improvements on the skin and hair that will be brighter and more hydrated, the roundness will also be diminished because water helps to combat water retention and cellulite.
Are these reasons enough to convince you to drink more water?
You got thirsty, didn’t you?
Leave a comment, it will be very welcome.
Visit our Home and visit us also on Pinterest. We’ll be waiting for you!